Our unique Thailand PADI Divemaster course lets you become a qualified PADI Divemaster and enjoy THREE liveaboards to the Similan Islands, all for 65,000 Baht
At Phuket Diving Safaris, we offer an unbeatable package if you want to become a PADI Divemaster. Our experienced and friendly PADI instructors will provide you with complete training to become a certified PADI Divemaster. You will also enjoy THREE full four day or five day liveaboard trips to the Similan Islands, one of the world’s best dive destinations, that’s a total of 42 or 54 dives during your Divemaster course. You can complete the course in as little as three weeks, although we prefer it if you can take longer to fully master the Divemaster skillset.
There’s no better way to become a professional diver than with our unique PADI Divemaster package. You will also save on Marine Park Fees for the three liveaboards – we pay those for you as one of our Divemaster Trainees. You will work alongside our staff to learn how to guide other divers, navigate dive sites and ensure the safety and enjoyment of your those in your charge.
Thailand Divemaster Course Prices
- The cost of our PADI Divemaster package including three 4 Day Similan liveaboard trips on MV Dolphin Queen is 65,000 Thai Baht (42 dives)
- The cost of our PADI Divemaster package including three 5 Day Similan liveaboard trips on MV Similan Explorer is 68,000 Thai Baht (54 dives)
Not Included in the PADI Divemaster package
You need to budget for purchasing the PADI Divemaster Crew Pack as well as the price of the Divemaster course itself. PADI stipulates that you need to own all Divemaster materials yourself – you cannot borrow them. PADI will not issue a Divemaster certification without proof that the Divemaster materials have been purchased.
- The PADI Divemaster Crew Pack includes:
- PADI Divemaster manual
- PADI Divemaster Diving Knowledge Workbook
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Divemaster Slates
- PADI Instructor Manual
- DSD Cue Card
- Scuba Tuneup Workbook
- Professional Log Book
You can buy the PADI Divemaster Crew Pack at Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk
(These materials are available from our dive shop. If you decide to do the Divemaster course over 4 weeks or longer, you do not need to do advance study)
- Divemaster PADI Certification Fee: $120 Australian Dollars (payable direct to PADI)
- Accommodation: approximately 500 Baht per night for a fan room
What you need before beginning your PADI Divemaster package:
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organization
- Have completed adult, child and infant CPR and first aid training in the past 24 months or a be a practicing medical professional such as a physician, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic and Registered Nurse
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
- 20 logged dives
- 18 years old
- If you are not already an Advanced Open Water Diver or Rescue Diver, no problem – we can organise that for you. Contact us to let us know your requirements
What does the PADI Divemaster package qualify me to do?
- Work at local dive centres, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
- Length of the Divemaster package
- You can complete the course within 3 weeks – we advise you to take longer if you can- 4 weeks or more – in order to ensure you fully master the Divemaster skillset
Number of dives
You must let us know the number of dives you have before beginning the Divemaster course and plan your time accordingly. We cannot give Divemaster certification unless you have 60 logged dives.
Use of Dive Computer included
For the duration of the course, we will lend you a dive computer to use so that you fully understand how to plan and monitor your dives with a dive computer
We can help you organise cheap accommodation in Khao Lak, the town where our dive shop is based. Remember you will be spending 12 (or 15) nights on the liveaboard boat!
Khao Lak is about a one hour drive up the coast from Phuket. Khao Lak is a lot more chilled out than Phuket – it’s quieter and cheaper. There is a great beach, and several bars and restaurants. There is also the amazing Khao Sok national park nearby.
Phuket Airport to Khao Lak Taxi
When you arrive at Phuket Airport, simply get a taxi from there to our dive shop in Khao Lak. It’s a one hour drive and costs around 1800 Baht.
How do I book a Thailand Divemaster course?
Simply fill in our booking form and tick the Divemaster Course box at the very bottom before the Submit button. Alternatively you can contact us direct to discuss your requirements.